Senior Backend Engineer
AirDNA is a technology startup revolutionizing the vacation rental industry. In two short years, AirDNA has established itself as the the leading provider of data and analytics for the $140 billion dollar industry. Our customer roster includes a who’s who of investment banks, hotels, hedge funds, real estate investors, and vacation rental pros. We are bootstrapped, profitable, and looking to take the world by storm in 2019.
You will be a key player in our lean, mean and growing platform team. This includes developing and maintaining the systems that support our industry leading SaaS applications, API platforms and data collection and processing systems. We are deep into the categories of big data and fast data as we’re developing systems that can process data across millions of properties and provide human real-time results. We work with the latest and greatest fast data technologies out there. You will be building real-time/high speed data architectures using the latest big data technologies, developing the APIs and backend of our industry leading SaaS applications, and developing the glue (python) that sits between our data systems. This is a unique opportunity to get in early at a young profitable company to work on solving novel challenges in a rapidly growing industry.
- Python expert, experience with Flask or similar API framework preferred,
- Experience developing data and analytics focused SaaS applications,
- Deep database knowledge, having worked with a range of Postgres, Redis, Elastic, NoSQL, Redshift, Spark technologies,
- Strong passion about automation, testing, and code quality,
- Demonstrated successful experience working in a hands-on, fast-paced, creative, entrepreneurial environment,
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering,
- Our tech stack and toolset includes Python, Flask, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Spark/Databricks, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, and Google Cloud, CircleCI, Github, Sentry. Bonus points if you have experience with any of these technologies or related technologies.
- Competitive cash comp and benefits – The only ramen consumed by our team members is the trendy variety that’s served with seaweed and a soft boiled egg.
- Meaningful equity upside – We are small team with no outside investors and want every hire to share in our long term financial success.
- Snacks & team events – Our Chief Snack Officer stocks the kitchen with coffee, tea, and snacks. We have monthly office lunches, and make room for team-events a few times a year.
- Location, location, location – We have a great office space in LoDo, a short walk from Union Station, Larimer Square, and the 16th St Mall.
The AirDNA Team
We’re a tight-knit group who care about empowering the next generation of shared economy entrepreneurs. We like to work our asses off. We believe in work/life balance because we make work a fun environment you’ll want to be a part of. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We’re risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day. We say NO to politics & drama.
At AirDNA, we believe that a diverse team is a key part of building a great company. If you want to work with us, we want to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.