Director of Design
AirDNA is a technology startup revolutionizing the vacation rental industry and inspiring entrepreneurship in hospitality around the world. AirDNA has established itself as the the leading provider of data and analytics for the $140 billion dollar short-term rental industry. Our customer roster includes a who’s who of investment banks, hotels, hedge funds, real estate investors, and vacation rental pros. We are bootstrapped, profitable, and looking to take the world by storm in 2019 and beyond.
AirDNA is looking for a well-rounded Director of Design with SaaS experience to execute on the UI and UX of the MarketMinder application.
You will ensure the AirDNA brand identity is applied consistently throughout AirDNA’s marketing efforts and the UI of our flagship web application, MarketMinder.
We are looking for a versatile and proactive designer with a strong digital design background and understanding of several UI approaches including atomic and pattern-based design. You will work closely with team members across marketing, product, and engineering to bring our creative vision to life. This is a unique opportunity to get in early at a young profitable company to work on solving novel challenges in a rapidly growing industry.
You are energized by the change and challenge that is startup culture. You also love digging into business problems and thinking about how you can iterate via design to improve the customer journey.
- Own overall brand identity and its manifestation within marketing and product
- Manage and grow the product design team
- Champion good UX and design principles throughout the organization
- Represent strategic vision and revenue impact of design investments to the Executive Team
- Manage design priorities and timelines in alignment with business objectives
- Design easy-to-use, delightful user experiences that use customer data, analytics, and feedback to drive business priorities
- Anticipate upcoming product and marketing needs based on company roadmap, and use the roadmap to guide strategic design decisions, ensure cohesiveness, and manage deliverables within a design sprint
- Maintain organization’s brand and design guidelines for our web applications and marketing assets
- Tell a better story through design, focusing on every stage of user lifecycle from acquisition through ongoing product engagement
- Own the end-to-end process for design projects, from research and ideation, prototypes, wireframes and high-fidelity mockups, to design implementation with tight engineer and product manager communication
- Collaborate with marketing team to ideate and develop digital assets for display advertising, email, landing pages, and content
- Support offline sales through occasional development of offline assets such as presentation decks and trade show materials
- Develop and support scalable visual hierarchy for multiple SaaS products, with ability to turn wireframes into compelling visual prototypes while maintaining consistent brand approach
- Actively contribute to establishing strong design culture and adherence to best practices and standards, with a keen awareness of trends and innovations within the short-term rental industry
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Have expert-level experience in Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Sketch, responsive web design and digital-first design
- Have deep SaaS product experience and can manage complex user journeys and upsell paths
- Have experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Have worked with both product and marketing teams on design deliverables at a startup or SaaS-based company
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
Would be preferred if you…
- Have a portfolio, which illustrates your expertise with data visualization
- Have experience in the short-term rental industry or in data analytics
- Have motion graphics, animation or video experience
- Have print production experience
- Have experience managing agencies and/or distributed teams
Could be a good fit if you…
- Want to work with passionate, curious people that value transparency and asking for more of themselves and each other
- Are comfortable with taking partial requirements and developing your own action plan to deliver against them
- Have experience with end-to-end product design, including working with all internal stakeholders throughout the process
- Can wear many hats, from gathering feedback to pixel-perfecting visual designs
- Are self-driven and autonomous, but work well collaborating across teams
- Have a creative and analytical approach to problem solving—we love data
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Are a designer who is passionate about the practice and evolution of Product Design
- Competitive cash comp and benefits.
- Meaningful equity upside – We are small team with no outside investors and want every hire to share in our long term financial success.
- Snacks & team events – Our Chief Snack Officer stocks the kitchen with coffee, tea, and snacks. We have monthly office lunches, and make room for team-events a few times a year.
- Location, location, location – We have a great office space in downtown Denver, a short walk from Union Station, Larimer Square, and the 16th St Mall.
About the AirDNA Team
We’re a tight-knit group who care about empowering the next generation of shared economy entrepreneurs. We like to work hard. We believe in work/life balance because we make work a fun environment you’ll want to be a part of. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We’re risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day.
At AirDNA, we believe that a diverse team is a key part of building a great company. If you want to work with us, we want to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.