QA Automation Engineer
AirDNA is a technology startup revolutionizing the vacation rental industry. In two short years, AirDNA has established itself as the the leading provider of data and analytics for the $140 billion dollar short-term rental industry. Our customer roster includes a who’s who of investment banks, hotels, hedge funds, real estate investors, and vacation rental pros. We are bootstrapped, profitable, and looking to take the world by storm in 2019 and beyond.
You will be a key player on our platform team and be responsible for planning, scoping, scheduling, and implementing testing activities for our products. This role is critical for successful deployment of our product to our customers. In this role, the engineer will ensure that the software systems and components are successfully tested, integrated and deployed. You will use automated testing tools and scripting languages to design and develop test suites, with a heavy focus on core system components. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for testing highly distributed and scalable systems and using automation tools and frameworks that improve the quality of software and help drive quality upstream.
- Plan, scope, schedule and implement testing activities for our products.
- Writing all forms of automated testing.
- Work closely with developers, product owners, custom care agents and business stakeholders to increase customer satisfaction.
- Participate in the full agile SDLC, including meetings, iterative development, and estimations.
- Responsible for 2nd level technical support as a team effort, and be the key player for the bug process.
- Plan and coordinate test sessions.
- Promote a culture of quality throughout the organization.
- Work in a motivated and innovative team with flat hierarchies.
- You’re a QA Automation Engineer with at least 3 years of experience.
- You know how to test SaaS API and Web services.
- You’re a knowledge sharer, so you have an active role in sprint reviews, documentation, and knowledge sharing sessions; in return you’ll be immersed in an environment that supports your ideas, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
- You like to fully understand things from the perspective of others and are comfortable communicating in group settings. In writing and in conversation you can get your points across succinctly and clearly.
- You are passionate about automation, testing, and code quality.
- You have demonstrated successful experience working in a hands-on, fast-paced, creative, entrepreneurial environment.
- Our tech stack and toolset includes Python, Flask, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Spark/Databricks, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS and Google Cloud, CircleCI, Github, Sentry. Bonus points if you have experience with any of these technologies or related technologies.
- Bonus points for significant python experience, bonus-er points for flask testing.
- Bonus points for database knowledge, having worked with a range of Postgres, Redis, Elastic, NoSQL, Redshift, Spark technologies.
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits.
- Meaningful equity upside—we are small team with no outside investors and want every hire to share in our long term financial success.
- We have a great LoDo office space, a short walk from the Union Station light-rail stop; enjoy coffee, tea, beer, snacks, bike parking and great food and drink nearby.
The AirDNA Team
We’re a tight-knit group who care about empowering the next generation of shared economy entrepreneurs. We like to work hard. We believe in work/life balance because we make work a fun environment you’ll want to be a part of. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We’re risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day.
At AirDNA, we believe that a diverse team is a key part of building a great company. If you want to work with us, we want to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.