Senior Software Engineer
AirDNA is a technology startup revolutionizing the vacation rental industry. In two short years, AirDNA has established itself as the the leading provider of data and analytics for the $140 billion dollar industry. Our customer roster includes a who’s who of investment banks, hotels, hedge funds, real estate investors, and vacation rental pros. We are bootstrapped, profitable, and looking to take the world by storm in 2021.
AirDNA is looking for a driven, ambitious and capable Senior Software Engineer to support and expand our cloud-based analytics and recommendation platform. This includes developing and maintaining the systems that support our industry leading SaaS applications, high performance API platforms and data processing systems. We process trillions of data points, host terabyte-sized databases, and turn this all into valuable and easy to use products for our customers.
Our tech stack and toolset includes Python, Flask, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Spark, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, and Google Cloud, CircleCI, Github, Sentry and more.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
- Help to design and build out the next generation of our application platform
- Craft high performance APIs using Python+Flask
- Scale out microservice deployments on Kubernetes
- Build high performance data models in PostgreSQL
- Implement data and application integrations with key industry partners
- Maintain a high security and privacy conscious suite of services
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong experience with Python and Flask (or similar API framework)
- Passionate about building maintainable, extensible and secure software
- Experience developing data and analytics-focused SaaS applications
- Deep database knowledge, having worked specifically with Postgres, and also document stores, key/value databases, and columnar databases
- Experience with building stateless, horizontally-scalable systems
- Passionate about testing and test automation
- Demonstrated successful experience working in a hands-on, fast-paced, creative, entrepreneurial environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering preferred
The AirDNA Team
We’re a tight-knit group who care about empowering the next generation of shared economy entrepreneurs. We like to work hard. We believe in work/life balance because we make work a fun environment you’ll want to be a part of. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We’re risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day.
At AirDNA, we believe that a diverse team is a key part of building a great company. If you want to work with us, we want to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.