Technical Product Manager
AirDNA is a technology startup revolutionizing the vacation rental industry and inspiring entrepreneurship in hospitality around the world. AirDNA has established itself as the the leading provider of data and analytics for the $140 billion dollar short-term rental industry. Our customer roster includes a who’s who of investment banks, hotels, hedge funds, real estate investors, and vacation rental pros. We are bootstrapped, profitable, and looking to take the world by storm in 2019 and beyond.
As the Technical Product Manager, you will work closely with our customers and internal teams to deliver new features across our numerous product lines, including our flagship product MarketMinder and our enterprise level data feeds & APIs.
This role will report to the VP of Product and also work closely with the CEO to evaluate and prioritize key roadmap initiatives, while maintaining requirements for our engineering team to execute and deliver upon.
- Translate prioritized initiatives in our product roadmap into detailed requirements for our engineering team to implement.
- Help ship product updates for our various products from an ideation, scoping, testing and tracking standpoint.
- Provide feature prioritization and product expertise for development team sprints, including day-to-day maintenance of the Jira backlog.
- Evaluate the success of product feature releases post-launch via both quantitative (e.g. site tracking analytics) and qualitative (e.g. user feedback) data.
- Demonstrate and maintain product/database expertise; specifically, in how the client and our internal teams utilize our data product.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with cross-functional internal teams and external customers to understand user needs and prioritize features within the product roadmap.
- Regularly make product decisions that consider both market needs and technical tradeoffs.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales to create compelling and informative messaging for external demos and collateral updates.
- 3+ years of Product Management, Program Management, or similar experience working closely with high functioning engineering teams.
- Familiarity with Agile or similar project management processes. Our engineering team currently works on 2-week sprint cycles.
- Experience with a product management tool; such as Jira.
- Experience in a data focused role (SQL knowledge, familiarity with data pipelines, web development, event analytics).
- Experience working with and designing product APIs for external customer use
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate and coordinate effectively between teammates of varying technical proficiency.
- Experience with site analytics tools, such as Amplitude, Segment, Google Analytics, or Tableau
- Must be able to gather requirements from stakeholders and clearly articulate the vision for each product release.
- Must be able to anticipate, identify, and ensure resolution of possible technical and business implications of each release.
- Ability to work with clients in a consultative capacity to provide guidance and custom technical solutions using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains a proactive & creative approach to problem-solving with internal team and external clients.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, remaining agile through change.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Expert user of Excel, Google Sheets, or Python and associated data science libraries
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, Redshift) and proficiency in using query languages, such as SQL
- Good applied statistics skills, such as hypothesis testing and A/B testing
- BS/MS in mathematics, business, economics, or other quantitative discipline, or equivalent experience
- Bonus points for experience in the hospitality, real estate or vacation rental industry
- Competitive cash comp and benefits.
- Meaningful equity upside – We are small team with no outside investors and want every hire to share in our long term financial success.
- Snacks & team events – Our Chief Snack Officer stocks the kitchen with coffee, tea, and snacks. We have monthly office lunches, and make room for team-events a few times a year.
- Location, location, location – We have a great office space in downtown Denver, a short walk from Union Station, Larimer Square, and the 16th St Mall.
About the AirDNA Team
We’re a tight-knit group who care about empowering the next generation of shared economy entrepreneurs. We like to work hard. We believe in work/life balance because we make work a fun environment you’ll want to be a part of. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We’re risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day.
At AirDNA, we believe that a diverse team is a key part of building a great company. If you want to work with us, we want to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Click here to apply.