London, United Kingdom
Airbnb Data and Analytics - July 2017


Airbnb Market Report

London, United Kingdom
55,325 active rentals
Jul '15 - Jun '17
USD $149.95
Add to Cart
100% money back guarantee
Select a neighborhood
Jul '15 - Jun '17

Barking and Dagenham
150 active rentals
Barnet
994 active rentals
Brent
1589 active rentals
Bromley
348 active rentals
Camden
4139 active rentals
City of London
385 active rentals
Croydon
593 active rentals
Ealing
1017 active rentals
Enfield
347 active rentals
Greenwich
1000 active rentals
Hackney
3746 active rentals
Hammersmith and Fulham
2823 active rentals
Haringey
1260 active rentals
Harrow
279 active rentals
Havering
104 active rentals
Hillingdon
277 active rentals
Hounslow
625 active rentals
Islington
3098 active rentals
Kensington and Chelsea
4292 active rentals
Kingston upon Thames
329 active rentals
Lambeth
3045 active rentals
Lewisham
1408 active rentals
Merton
818 active rentals
Newham
1291 active rentals
Redbridge
425 active rentals
Richmond upon Thames
768 active rentals
Southwark
3224 active rentals
Sutton
135 active rentals
Tower Hamlets
6155 active rentals
Waltham Forest
839 active rentals
Wandsworth
2538 active rentals
Westminster
6983 active rentals
Trusted by

Princeton University LA Tourism and Convention Board Kalibri Labs Bank of America Merrill Lynch

Active Airbnb rentals in London, United Kingdom

Map display limited to 5,000 properties

Looking for advanced data products and/or daily data feeds?

Airdna has you covered. Take a look at the range of data services that we offer and reach out to our friendly sales team to discuss off the shelf or tailored solutions that meet your needs.

Airbnb Host Information

 33,635 
active hosts
 6,685 
multiple listing hosts
 5173 
superhosts

Airbnb Property Information

 55,323 
active Airbnb rentals
 18,754 
10 or more reviews
 17,674 
rated 5 stars



Airbnb Rental Activity

Months Available for Rent
Months Rented

Airbnb Occupancy

Occupancy Rate by Percentile
Entire place listings with at least 1 booking in the month
Data shown is not representative

Airbnb Prices

Average ADR by Listing Type
Studio/Number of bedrooms indicates Entire place room type (USD)
Data shown is not representative

Airbnb Revenue

Revenue by Room Type
Of listings rented at least 30 days over last 12 months
Data shown is not representative

Airbnb Seasonal Demand (RevPAR)

Revenue per Available Room (RevPAR)
Entire place listings (USD)
Data shown is not representative

Best Airbnb Rentals in London

Airbnb Research on London, United Kingdom

The year 2015 was a game-changer for London, as 17.4 million foreign visitors arrived in the city. This increase in arrivals resulted in an economic boost of nearly 11.8 billion Euros, with the tourism industry at the forefront. However, the profits reached far beyond London’s big businesses. Specifically, Airbnb and its hosts also benefited from the tourism growth.

London is was one of biggest laggards in Airbnb adoption but is now making up for lost time and is one of the fastest growing. 60% of the listed rentals are considered to be “entire places” while the other 40% are registered as “private rooms”. For London, seasonality does not have as significant of an impact on demand as other cities throughout the world. Occupancy rates remain consistent throughout the year, peaking in July at 78%, and lowest in January at 45%. The majority of rentals consist of private rooms and 1-room apartments, accounting for over half of all Airbnb properties in London. Central districts of London house the most rentals, with the greatest concentrations being within the neighborhoods of Shoreditch, Notting Hill, and Marylebone. In these neighborhoods, the average price for a 1-bedroom listing is $180, while private rooms average $85.

Previously illegal, as of February 2015, a new amendment to the capital’s legislation allowed homeowners to rent out their homes as short-term holiday rentals for no more than 3 months per year. This has allowed locals to make additional income while residing in one of most expensive cities in the world.