|Listing Title||Room Type||Rooms||Airdna Score|
|1||Brand new english basement||Entire Place||1||100|
|2||Sweet Basement Apt in Petworth||Entire Place||1||99|
|3||Private Bedroom with Shared Bath||Private room||1||93|
|4||Private Central DC Townhouse||Entire Place||1||93|
|5||Capitol Hill/ US Senate/US Capitol||Entire Place||1||93|
|6||Deluxe Georgetown Suite! Sleeps 4 on P Street||Entire Place||1||93|
|7||Cozy Downtown Studio w/ Rooftop||Entire Place||1||93|
|8||Private Suite/New Home/10 mins to Metro||Private room||1||93|
|9||Cozy bedroom in Eckington, a great location||Private room||1||93|
With this growth, those within the city limits have benefited, specifically Airbnb hosts. With thousands of active listings, occupancy rates remain above average compared to other cities through the US. The summer boasts the highest levels of occupancy, as does the spring when the Cherry Blossoms bloom and the weather warms. Occupancy rates during these seasons average around 70%, 20% higher than rates during the winter months. Thus, RevPAR (revenue per available room) is highest from April to August, then, when the humidity and temperatures begin to cool, RevPAR recovers again in September. The majority, nearly 70%, of active Airbnb listings are “entire places” while the other 30% are considered “private rooms”. The available apartments for rent outnumber the supply of houses for rent by roughly double, which is not uncommon amongst urban areas throughout the US.
Washington DC and Airbnb have had a strong relationship since the start, and continue to work through legislation to keep Airbnb legal and protect hosts. A registration and permit are required for all hosts, and further, as of February 2015, the city has imposed a 14.5% “Transient Lodging Tax” to all registered Airbnb hosts. This tax is added to the totally amount paid by guests on visits less than 91 days. Similar to other cities, DC has had a difficult time identifying and penalizing hosts who do not abide by city regulation. However, Airbnb and the city continue to work together to create a constructive relationship so the city, and its Airbnb hosts, can reap the benefits of its visitors.